Saturday, August 2, 2014

First in a series of dolls clothes patterns


I have just published a pattern for an 18" doll blouse on my Craftsy shop. This first one has been a fairly long process but now I hope to add to the series quite quickly.
I love to create systems. My doll clothes system consists of three size types:
  • Snugfit - this fit is as it sounds. Fairly snug blouses and dresses and light jackets and the like.
  • Loosefit - this one is a series of patterns suitable for mid weight fabrics or garments that are meant to be loose like PJ's or over shirts or a raincoat.
  • Largefit - is for heavy weight or thick fabrics and outer wear garments.
I set about creating Snugfit patterns for a variety of garments. The bit I am excited about is that the pattern pieces are swappable. All the sleeves in the Snugfit series can be used on any of the garments. All the collars designed for back opening garments can be used with any of these garments. I have even made a cute vest pattern that can be used to make a dress or a sleeveless top as well. 
I had all my test samples done for the blouse and realised I still needed to test out one of the methods for finishing the armhole on a sleeveless blouse. I didn't just want to make another sleeveless sample so I added a fancy yolk overlay to make it look like a western shirt. I think it looks really cute. I will be keeping an eye out for some smaller navy buttons. The ones I have used are just a fraction too big.


I was surprised that the plovers have had another batch of babies. 3 tiny things. These two hatched out the day before this picture. I took this on full zoom from across the road. There is a third one but I couldn't see it at the time. I am happy to say that there are still three babies after a few days now.


Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...