Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Feeling good

A great big thank you to all those lovely people who voted for the cat quilt and Stumpy over at Pets on Quilts. It was also great to get so many nice comments from visitors to my March post about the cat quilt.

I have just been feeling good lately. It is important to stop and smell the roses. With some luck and lots of planning I am really enjoying my retirement. I have achieved a balance where everything is important but nothing is really important.

I love designing things to make using my Derwent pencil box that I bought at the Derwent pencil museum on the site of the original Derwent pencil factory in Keswick UK. I still have my set of Lakeland pencils in a tin that I used in high school. The box is a pleasure to use.

 

I haven't done much sewing the last few weeks but I did buy myself a second sewing machine to keep set up for free motion sewing. It is a Bernette made by Bernina. I love the one I already have. The new one is a bit more simple but it was only $149 on special at Spotlight.

New one.

Old one.

 

I have spent a lot of time playing with the glass and the kiln. I will need to do some sewing so I can use the buttons and zipper pulls I have been making.

I still get really excited about what everyone is posting about in their blogs and I have been looking and commenting on lots of blogs but I follow so many it takes ages to visit them all. I have spent some time resorting them in Bloglovin into folders like shop blogs, inspirational blogs, hobby quilters, old friends, swaps and linkies. That way I can just look at one folder at a time and it is not so overwhelming. It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful quilty bloggers there are.

Wishing you all happy creative days,

Val

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...