Saturday, January 8, 2022

Christmas Quilt BOM


I recently pulled out my Christmas quilt to see if I could make some progress this year and get it finished before another Christmas goes past.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that the last post about this quilt was August 2017. That is like a life time ago! 

I have got my 2022 goals sorted and finishing some sewing projects is one of my intentions this year.

I looked in the box and found that I have blocks 1 to 5 completed. This is very encouraging.

Block 6 was well under way and that is the one I am working on now.

I fused the little applique circles on and hope to stitch them in the next few days. 

There are lots of other things on my goals list for this year so I just want to fit in the quilt when I feel like it.

I have been procrastinating on the star block because I don't like the idea of cutting all the little triangles. However, I was doing some tidying and found my special triangle cutting ruler. You end up with triangles that have their long side on the straight grain. 

I have just paused to think where I stashed the ruler after finding it. I'm hoping it's in the draw of my cutting table. Let's check before going on..... What a relief it was right where I thought it was!

This is a beautiful small quilt and I really want to get it done this year. At least then I will have room for starting another BOM kit. I love getting all the fabric and instructions on where it all goes. I can design my own colour scheme but sometimes it is nice just to have it all set out for you.

Although I don't allocate a lot of my time to regular sewing projects (not doll clothes) I hope to consistently make progress on my UFO's throughout the year.

Happy Sewing,

Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...