Friday, March 18, 2022

Christmas Quilt BOM

I've just spent 10 days with no modem. I could only get patchy internet through my phone data. So I had plenty of time to sew my quilt instead of running the doll clothes pattern business.

I'm not a fan of quilting a whole quilt on my little sewing machine so I use spray baster to attach wadding to each individual block. There are 8 combo style blocks.


I then quilt the blocks as I choose.
I love free motion quilting.



As I finish quilting the blocks I trim off the excess wadding and sew them together.


This gives me seams in the wadding. I have used this method a lot and the seams aren't noticeable when the quilt is finished.


Four more blocks to quilt then I will spray baste strips of wadding onto the border strips and quilt them.
Then I'll sewn the borders.

When I do the backing I do some straight line quilting between the main blocks just to hold it onto the backing. Then it's time for the binding.

So quilt a lot to go but I am making great progress so far.

Happy Patchwork and Quilting,
Val


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...