Saturday, January 4, 2014

Scrappy Star

So far I have completed two things on my list for January. I have posted and started work on my Something old and Something new link up that I have joined over at Never to Hot to Stitch. I linked up with my quilt diary blog for the Go Wild Garden quilt that I want to get finished this year. Check it out. I feel so organised :) Then again it is only Jan 4.

The second thing I have done is make my first scrappy star for the link up at Majas Paradis . Thankfully she has included a translator widget.


I really want to use up my scraps but even a small scrappy wonky star is hard to make with really small pieces. I have a stack of what must be fabric sample pieces about 1 1/2 inches square that I will use to make 3 1/2 inch squares for centres. They are all uneven. I have tried making them into squares to start with a while back but that is way to hard. This time I just joined them together then trimmed the finished 9 patch.

I love stars so I am pretty sure I will be able to make at least one a month. I may try different shaped stars along the way and I don't think I will worry too much about the block size. Just whatever turns out and then I will fit them together somehow. I want to make a small quilt out of them.

I have started collecting buttons down my right sidebar for things I want to work on this year. There are lots of great things out there already. If you have found a good one please let me know. I think I could fit a couple more in :D

Comment options:
Flickr
Pinterest

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...