Monday, February 7, 2011

New Fabric

I put together the best I had for my February Hearts design and this is what I came up with. Not as pretty as I would have liked.

So I went out and bought some Love Birds by My Mind's Eye. I would have like Strawberry Fields but I try to support my local quilting shop and they had Love Birds. It is better than having to travel further if they closed down. Now this is pretty.





The other day I saw some dainty lavender pillows on Bunny Hill Designs blog so I ran up to my sewing room and made some. I had several single charm squares from fabric samples that I wanted to do something special with. Cause my stash is so small I made them reusable for when the smell runs out. I have always been a sewer so I do have some bits and pieces. I found some fine netting to hold the lavender together. I cut backing rectangles 4" by 5" and turned under 1" on the long side of every piece.
I hemmed along the fold and raw edge of each piece

I put two pieces on each charm square right sides together.
Turned them and poked out the corners with my trusty large paper clip


Voila
Here are my netting bags. All I need now is the lavender.




 I was very excited to get my first quilt ready for quilting. Stumpy likes it.

Cheers,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...