Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cross stitch


I just love watching the picture come into being.
The Busy Bees needle case uses the chart I got from cross stitch happy. Under the archives in the right side bar is a list of all her free charts. There are lots of nice ones.


P is for pins is free from Brookes Books Publishing. There are charts for the whole alphabet. Scroll down the page. The back is felt so I can use the slit and turn method. Make a little slit in the middle of the felt backing then with wrong sides together sew all around. Enlarge the slit enough to turn. I fill most of the cushion with rice mixed with some lavender then finish off with stuffing so the rice stays in while it is sewn up.


This dragonfly and pond is one I found on Pinterest. It will be another pin cushion.


I have also been making the mug bag that Carin found at Red Brolly. Hers looks great. Visit her blog for the link to the free pattern. I haven't quite finished it yet. I will show it in my next post.

I am going to go to the Craft and Stitches show in Brisbane on the Thursday in a few weeks time. I hope to get something nice to use as a give away prize for all my Australian followers. It is just too expensive to post things overseas so maybe I will get a gift voucher for international followers. I will have to think about it. It is really nice to be part of such a friendly blog community.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...