Thursday, May 23, 2013

Country Cottage Quilting SAL

Shirley from Colours of a Butterfly and myself are sewing some projects from Country Cottage Quilting by Lynette Anderson.
We have started with the Hollyhock Sewing set. The needle case is first.
We plan to post each two weeks. Next fortnight we should be finished the needle case.

After the sewing set we will probably do the Garden Pillow then finally the Go Wild Garden quilt. We haven't really thought about a timeline for the quilt. We will just see how we go to start.


I finished the stitchery for the front of the needle case. It is early days for me and needle turn. I quite  like the way it turns out. Nicer than visible stitching. Not sure I would bother doing a whole quilt this way. The Go Wild Garden quilt is raw edge applique and I will do the blanket stitch on the machine I think.
Anyone with the book thinking they might like to join in just let us know and we can sew together.

If you are not ready for Google+ you can comment from my Facebook or Flickr.

Val Spiers on Facebook

Val Spiers on Flickr

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...