Thursday, February 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday Go Wild Quilt

Fortunately I had lots of motivation to work on my Go Wild quilt since it was a Jan goal for Something Old, Something New. Before I had to pack up the machine I managed to get quite a lot done.
I finished the 4 border strips, sewing all the squares together.
I pieced the last 4 blocks, so now I have all 16 done.
I only managed to get two blocks appliqued ready for stitching, almost:


and I nearly finished the one block I started stitching.


That puts me a few blocks behind my January goal but I have kept this quilt with me so I can keep working on it while I wait for the new house to be built. A couple of other UFO's are in storage for 6 months.
I have also updated my Go Wild Garden diary blog.

Yesterday I got to visit Spotlight with a couple of vouchers that I had. Did you know that when you register your VIP membership online they send you a $10 voucher that can be used even on sale items? I have been a member for years but only just registered online.

I desperately need some more cotton dish cloths so I thought I would try something cheap. The Moda Vera Gelato is 50% acrylic and 50% cotton and quite a fine yarn. I used it double with size 6mm needles. I will use 5mm for the next one.


I need about 6 more. I have practically worn out my 3 favourite small ones. They are meant to be cream but they look a bit grey now.
Here is dish cloth one from this pattern. It is very soft but cleaned nicely. Maybe a bit holey. I will try another pattern for the next one. Probably this one.


Today I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...