Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

I didn't sign up for FNSI this month because I forgot basically. I made crazy blocks for a while ( I have 4 now) and then I discovered 'selvedge projects'. I had lots of lovely selvedges from my latest fabrics. I cut off a 1 inch strip which is only a bit more than I would normally cut off and throw away. I got such satisfaction out of sewing together my own fabric. I stitched the selvedge strips onto the non-glue side of some interfacing cut to the tote bag pattern. When covered I ironed it onto a piece of cotton wadding cut to the same size. I interfaced the lining and inserted a base piece of stiffer bag wadding. I made the pussy cats from the catnip quilt pattern. I just reduced the cat face on the copier.


Don't you just love this fabric!


Here is the finished article. It is slightly different colours on each side.



My posts don't seem complete without a pussy cat photo :) Stumpy loves his tummy tickled.


Click on the FNSI button down the right hand side bar to see who signed up and visit some to see what they made. Edit - It seems I am not as late as I thought so I signed up.

Happy Scrap Sewing,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...