Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Coin Purse Tutorial PDF and Pattern

I have only made about dozen coin purses but I have learnt a little bit each time.
Things like using a shorter fatter needle like a quilting needle that is the same width all the way along to make the thread easier to pull through.
Also, now I only sew the top seam at the very sides so I don't have a folded over seam thickness where I sew the frame on.
I am also very careful about centring the fabric in the frame and adjusting as I sew.
I have discovered that squeezing the frame with pliers to tighten it around the fabric makes it all sit better.
I have a spotty glass charm to put on this one but it hasn't gone in the kiln yet.

I have put the Tutorial PDF in Google Docs and realised that the preview shows fuzzy photos but when you download it it comes out fine. I have to say that the photos are just a fraction blurry. It is driving me nuts. I will have to connect up to the laptop and check each photo as I take it in future. The paper pattern is in a separate file. It is a standard pattern I got from here and sized for my frame.

Coin Purse Tutorial PDF download
Coin Purse Pattern PDF download

I am linking up with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts

I had a great time at the craft show and said hello to some of my blogging buddies. I bought a couple of essentials. A new cutting board! Yay! The A4 one was getting tedious.


Some new fabrics to use in my Who Knows owl BOM and a few plains.



Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...