Friday, April 19, 2024

Daily Quilting Report

 

Down Wander Lane BOM with valspierssews


I finished the appliqué block quilting this morning. You can see below where I made some swirls to represent smoke fro the chimney. 

The major downside of doing the quilting on the individual blocks is that each block shrinks a bit rather than the whole quilt. I also seem to have been a bot careless sewing on the strip at the bottom and it is quite crooked. Along with a bit of shrinking this has left me with nearly 1/4" of batting showing. I will have to be careful sewing the blocks together to make sure I catch all the raw edges.



Here is the February appliqué block. They look so nice. I finished this one before I decided to blog my progress.

Down Wander Lane BOM with valspierssews

In March I used the left over small blocks from the February kit to make a cushion that will go on the bed with the quilt.

They are left over because I only need three of the 12 that I got with the mini quilt kit to use in the big  quilt. I completed the backing with a zip and now I am ready to bind the edges.



Down Wander Lane BOM with valspierssews

Cheers,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...