Monday, December 12, 2011

Festive Feline

Since the unofficial theme for Christmas dinner is "Garnish/Embellishment" I wanted a fancy centre piece. I love all those twiggy things. There are lots at our Christmas Shack shop but they are quite expensive. I was looking through my Christmas craft books and came across this cute kitty by Mary-Anne Hogan.
I am trying to use what I have in my stash so I pulled out the blanket I got from the op shop for $3 and found an old scarf that I could cut down and also use to make the hat.
Since cats are not traditional Christmas fare I didn't think it would hurt to add a sewing theme with some of the embellishments. He is not quite as 'primitive' as the one in the pattern but he looks cute on the table.




Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...