Sunday, December 15, 2013

Little Christmas Bits 15


Worked on a tea cosy today. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I wanted the icing to be in felt and sit on top like a hat. I had to make the cherries match up when I put the two sides together and then I had to hand stitch the icing down because I couldn't get it far enough on the sleeve arm to reach. I also forgot to put the stars on before I put the pudding together so they had to be hand sewn too.
I am pleased with how it turned out. I used the cherries and star idea from an applique pudding block in a magazine.
The tea cosy is half the circumference around the spout and handle then add 2 inches. The height is the curved distance from the table to the centre of the lid then add 3 inches. A 1/4 inch seam is allowed and I bound the bottom.



Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...