Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Little Christmas bits 2

I was pleased to finish my second Christmas item on time. However, it was dark when I did so I decided to wait until this morning to take the photo and do the post. I have chosen something smaller for today.
Tuesday's project was a pieced Santa face, also in my Pinterest Christmas ideas board. It is a free pattern with a cutting and sewing guide. The cutting guide required just enough brain power to make it interesting, with numbered fabric colours and cutting long strips in half. The sewing was easy except for the little hat triangles. It suggests finagling them but my points just weren't meant to match up.
I made him into a kitchen or table mat with retired bath towel on the back as all in one wadding and backing. The pattern says it is a 12" block but mine turned out 11" so I added some borders. I think he needed at least one border to make him look right. He would probably make a nice cushion cover too.

Here is the link to the Pieced Santa Face tutorial.

Here is mine. If you hover over the image you will see the pin button. Why not pin it for later.



Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...