Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Little Christmas bits 4

Today I have made a pieced santa coaster. I had a picture of six Christmas coasters on my Christmas Pinterest board and the Santa was one of them. I also found a block that had four triangle Santas of different sizes put together. Seems there is no pattern, free or otherwise to be found on the internet. It doesn't look too hard to make up. It is just equilateral triangles. This time I just cut triangles the right shape. It may be easier to do it as paper pieced so I intend to draw up a pattern and share it tomorrow. I also discovered a useful freezer paper pieced tutorial that I want to try.

Here is my coaster. I fudged the binding a bit but it is pretty fiddly with those short sides. The eyes are laundry pen.




Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...