Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Christmas through the year


I have had a great time making some designs and playing with free motion applique. I still managed to make a gift. I have appliqued two tea towels with an Orpington rooster and an Orpington hen. I love chickens. I drew these from photos and I wanted to use my brown tone fabrics on the orange tea towels. The rooster was almost those colours but the hen was supposed to be black.

I used my silicone mat (bought it to use in the frying pan) to iron the rooster pieces together first then put him whole onto the tea towel. The mat is a bit see through. It goes on top of the pattern picture and you build the picture on the silicone, put a cloth over and dry iron. When it cools it peels off the silicone ready to stick on your project.








You can view and download the patterns.
Rooster
Hen

You can visit Allie-oops Sweet Happy Life to see what others have made.

Happy Applique,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...